Is anyone else terrible at making meatloaf? Every time I have tried to cook meatloaf for myself (pre-marriage) it always came out this greasy, gooey mess. It was overcooked, dry, and gritty. Meatloaf should never be gritty. When Dono suggested we have some meatloaf for dinner when we were meal planning, I started to get a bit nervous. I wanted to impress my husband with my meatloaf making skills, but I knew it was destined to be a failure. BOY was I wrong!!!
1 lb ground beef (we used 80%/20%)
2/3 cup breadcrumbs (we used the garlic “flavored” breadcrumbs…it’s all we had)
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/2 cup smokey bbq sauce, divided (we used Jack Daniels brand)
2 tablespoons honey, divided
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce, mustard, 1/4 cup bbq sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
2. Form the meat mixture into a loaf on oiled baking dish
3. Whisk together remaining worcestershire sauce, bbq sauce, and honey and pour half of the mixture over the meat.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. When the meatloaf is done, spread the other half of the sauce over the top.
5. Devour and enjoy! We served the meatloaf along with some canned corn and mashed potatoes. Delish!